Monday, April 22, 2013

Blessed with Happiness

Last weekend we went as a family to a 3D movie.  I tried to find a babysitter for Tiberias because I was not sure he'd want to sit through an entire movie at the theater. However, I could not find a sitter. A lot of the families I knew were taking their kids to the movie or had other plans. So Tiberias ended up coming to the movie with us.

The movie was The Croods.  We had a great time! The movie was much more colorful and silly than I had expected. So it was fun for all four of us individually.
Ty kept trying to grab things that appeared to be flying off the screen. And Luke took his glasses off for a while because he was scared the dinosaur would get him. It was a neat experience for them.

Ty and Luke got tired of wearing the glasses and did eventually stop wearing them. But I remember being a single adult and not being able to stand the glasses through a whole 3D one time I went to one. The glasses are not comfortable.

After the movie we walked over to the foodcourt and bought the little boys Burger King which they ate on the drive home. What a fun family night!!

Sterling works 2-10pm more often than any other schedule. So if we do Family Home Evening it has to be done in the morning. Sometimes I prepare a family home evening and sometimes I don't. But we always do family fun stuff.

Hannah Roundy comes to visit us in just a few days. We have a lot of fun travel plans while she is here. Sightseeing, eating Italian food and dessert, swimming, and a cruise! It's very exciting and will be so fun.

Our life is full of fun and joy even when we don't travel or sight see. Just doing simple things like bowling as a family or going to a movie, even going on a walk on a Sunday afternoon. These things fill us with joy. I know that no matter where our next Military base is located we will be happy. We are so blessed!

We plan to get pregnant this year so we'll have a new baby next year. I was really hoping that my sisters will get pregnant this year as well. Maybe Alissa, Eliza and Nicole. It turns out Eliza is trying. I don't know if Alissa is trying but Mom says Alissa does want more kids. She may not be trying yet because her first is still a baby.
And Nicole is now pregnant!! She's having food cravings for the first time (didn't with both the boys) so hopefully that means she's having a girl this time. I'm also hoping to have a girl this next time.

Aaron and Nicole are moving to an island. St George, Grenada. Aaron got accepted to a medical program at a college there. I guess they applied there because they love islands. They love the beach and decided if they got in they'd love living on vacation. I am only sad about this because I am moving back to America and they are moving away.
Aaron moves in August. Nicole is going to stay back with the kids. She is going to have the baby November/December. So She is staying back to have the baby near her parents.
My plan for the year is similar to hers. Sterling leaves me and the boys in August for military training. From August to December Nicole and I will be with only our kids staying with or near family. And I am hoping to be pregnant as well.

Right now my life is amazing. I am busy all the time though. I keep busy just with my family and church callings. Faith in God girls I am doing twice this month...teaching them to sew. My primary teaching position requires me to prepare a lesson during the week, be a teacher/friend to the kids, and attend the baptisms (I have the 7-8 year olds).
I am in charge of the ward bulletin board ..mostly I print updates on upcoming events and rotate those on the board. I am ward historian. So if we have a big ward event or do something in the community I attend, takes some pictures, and document it in a computer file that I turn in yearly.

Along with all that business I do photography and cake decorating. I do maybe a portrait shoot every two months and about two cakes a month.

Sterling and I are both happy people and our children are happy. I hope they grow up with happy and positive attitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment