Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wedding Bells R Ringing

I have been babysitting full time. My friend Carla is working and I watch her daughter Amber. I get less time with just my boys...a lot less time. But I love getting paid. I spent $200 to get a robot vacuum which is an amazing help to me! And I am saving my money because I want so much to go home and see my family.

I thought that I could make it four years without going to the states to see my family. When we moved to Italy I did not plan to fly back to the states because of the money. But it is affordable when you fly Space A (military flight from Europe to America).

Sterling went to the states for TDY a few months ago and was able to spend a week with his family. So with my little sister getting married I really wanted to go to the states. They ended up moving the actually wedding up to this month and I was not able to go. They were married and sealed in the Salt Lake temple yesterday! But they are having a ring ceremony and reception in the beginning of September...when they are out of school.

I have been doing everything I can to make it possible for me to go see my family and celebrate Eliza's wedding. But I keep getting hit with obstacles and I keep being crushed.
Sterling did not want me to go I think because he will miss me and he may not have gotten over being away from me so long from his last TDY he returned from just a few weeks ago.

It would not be such a big deal if I did not feel so disconnected from my family. And if my family were not having so many problems right now.
Financially, physically, and some even spiritually. Tereasa is in a wheel chair!!
And my niece and nephews are growing up!

Once I told Sterling how important it is for me to go to the states he started looking into making it happen instead of trying to convince me not to go.

In the wedding card I am sending Eliza I wrote some advice for their marriage. I told her that she and Florencio should always be considerate of each other's feelings. Sterling taught me that by example. He thinks before he talks so that if he needs to tell me something that might hurt my feelings he does it the nicest way possible. He is amazing.
My second bit of advice for their marriage is to each be selfless. I honestly believe that is the cause of most failed marriages today. Thinking of themselves instead of putting their spouse above themselves. Two selfless people in a marriage will love each other and be happy forever.

Sterling and I have learned this together. We are truly happy and in love. More in love than ever before! As we grow and change together our bond becomes stronger and we don't know how we can be any happier in our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment